Balancing Your Energy: The Secret to Vibrant Health
Ancient wisdom meets the cutting-edge technology:
The AcuGraph® Digital Meridian ImagingTM system is a computerized tool used to analyze and document the energetic status of the acupuncture meridians. Your healthcare practitioner will use the system in a short examination by touching a moistened probe to acupuncture points on your hands and feet. See Massage page for treatment option details.
1. What is AcuGraph? The AcuGraph Digital Meridian Imaging system is a computerized tool used to analyze and
document the energetic status of the acupuncture meridians. Your healthcare practitioner will use the system in a short
examination by touching a moistened probe to acupuncture points on your hands and feet.
2. What are Acupuncture Meridians? Acupuncture meridians are invisible energy pathways in your body that have been
used therapeutically for over 5000 years. These meridians conduct life-force energy, or Qi (pronounced ?chee?) in and around all the parts of your body. Blockage or interference in these meridian pathways can result in energetic imbalances that may
contribute to negative health conditions. The primary goal of acupuncture treatment is to restore energetic balance and proper energy
flow to these meridians, thus allowing your body to function normally and return to health naturally.
3. How can AcuGraph help me? The AcuGraph system allows your practitioner to measure and analyze the energy level of each
acupuncture meridian. Armed with this information, your healthcare practitioner can make better-informed decisions about your
condition, and provide the best treatment possible.
4. What does my P.I.E. score mean? Within the P.I.E. chart, each wedge of the circle represents one meridian pathway. Those shown in
green are balanced and functioning properly. Colors that do not extend to the edge of the circle identify and classify your meridian energy
imbalances. Your P.I.E. (Personal Integrated Energetics) score includes a complete analysis of all your meridian pathways and reflects the
overall health of your meridian energy system. A perfect score of 100 reflects complete balance and unimpeded flow of your Qi energy. A lower score means there are various imbalances that you and your healthcare practitioner should address together.
5. Why Did my Healthcare Practitioner Choose AcuGraph? AcuGraph is the premiere measurement tool of its type on the market today. It provides a fast and efficient exam, gives the most advanced treatment options, and allows your healthcare practitioner to easily track your progress. AcuGraph is the natural choice for practitioners who are committed to high-quality care and outstanding results. Your practitioner insists on providing the highest quality care, and this is the most important reason he or she has chosen the AcuGraph system."AcuGraph" and "Digital Meridian Imaging" are trademarks of Miridia Technology Inc., all rights reserved.
What should I expect in my AcuGraph exam?
The exam itself is brief and comfortable. You will need to remove your shoes and socks, and sit or lie comfortably during the exam. You will hold a metal bar in one and, and your practitioner will touch a probe lightly to your skin in various spots on your hands and feet. During the exam, you will hear the computer produce tones that mean the exam is progressing properly. The entire exam takes about 2 minutes.
Is AcuGraph Safe? AcuGraph uses a tiny electric current to test the conductivity of each of your acupuncture meridians. This electrical current is extremely safe for infants, children, adults and the elderly alike. In fact, the only safety concern at all is when there is a pacemaker or other implanted medical device present. In that case, theAcuGraph exam is not performed.
Will I feel anything?
Yes. The tip of the probe will be moist, so you will feel the moisture where the probe touches your skin. But it's very unlikely you'll feel the electric current. It's far too small to be felt in most cases.
What will I learn from the AcuGraph exam?
The AcuGraph exam will show you the balance of energy in your acupuncture meridians. This balance, or lack of balance, is an important key to understanding the state of your health and potential health issues. Your practitioner will help you understand the exam results in the context of your current condition.
If I have energy imbalances, does it mean I'm sick?
Not necessarily. It only means there is an imbalance. According to acupuncture theory, energy imbalances in your meridians, left untreated, may lead to health problems. That's why it's important to locate and correct imbalances - before they become severe.
Is one exam enough?
In general, you'll start with your first exam to establish a baseline, and than have at least one follow-up exam to track your progress. Most likely you will have several AcuGraph exams over the course of several weeks.
How often should I have an AcuGraph exam?
Once your initial imbalances are corrected, it's a good idea to follow up occasionally - so you can catch problems before they grow. Your acupuncture practitioner will recommend how often you should be checked.
For more information visit the Aucgraph website